Friday, August 8

Album Review: A Little Bit Longer - Jonas Brothers

"A Little Bit Longer" is the third studio album to be released by the Jonas Brothers. Probably the most popular boy band in the U.S. in this era, their new album is expected to open with huge sales & to be packed with loveable teen pop jams. But is it?

Expecting majorly annoying Disney pop music I went into this album with a skeptical frame of mind. After listening to the whole thing I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed.

The brothers are very, very good writers, co-writing every song on the album and I can't even say I'm disappointed with their outcomes. Even 'Video Girl' - which is probably the  most expected song from teenyboppers - manages to mix appealing lyrics, a catchy chorus, great instrumentals & of course the boys' vocals well.

First single 'Burnin' Up' is obviously catchy (hence it's heavy radio airplay - I can't count the downloads 'cause that's due to those little Disney addicts lol). The choruses in each song are very well done. 'Sorry' which is a standout track sounds like if old school Backstreet Boys were resurrected.

However, the best song on the album is easily 'A Little Bit Longer'. Nothing even comes close to it. I'll give props to 'Tonight' & 'Burnin' Up' for trying.

One would ask if it's time to take the crown away from the BSB/N'Sync but I'd tell them that the Jonas Brothers are so much more than what they were. Teenage boys playing guitar? Singing? Making records? I'm on my way go get them specially made crowns and come right back.

Album Highlights

A Little Bit Longer

Pushin' Me Away

Burnin' Up

Tonight

Sorry

Album Rating: [4/5]

What do you think?

0 comments: